CONFIRMATION REGISTRATION 2016-2017
The first week in August, an email will be sent out to all incoming 10th Grade families who are registered St. Anthony of Padua parishioners and teen has met the requirement of faithful regular attendance in formation (Life Teen) during their 9th grade year. Included in the email is the link to Online Registration for Confirmation.
If you meet these requirements but did not receive an email, or if you are a parishioner and your teen attended Catholic School during their 9th grade year, or you are a parishioner and your teen is an incoming 11th or 12th grade….please contact shelly Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 832-482-4138.
Confirmation Registration is complete only after the following 3 items are submitted:
- Complete the Online Registration Form and make payment.
- Complete the Archdiocesan Medical & Liability online form.
- Submit a copy of Teen’s Birth Certificate and Baptismal Certificate.
The preparation for the sacrament of Confirmation is an important component of our catechetical and sacramental ministry. Confirmation is a gift of the Spirit which confirms our belonging to Christ in Baptism and which calls us to be witnesses of Christ's love for others. This sacrament, which provides the fullness of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, is of great spiritual assistance to our youth during this time in their lives.
Teens are prepared for Confirmation in a two-year program format. During their 9th grade year teens will register and participate in LifeTeen on Sunday evenings or will be enrolled in an area Catholic High School; and during their 10th grade year teens will register and participate in the Confirmation catechism on Wednesday evenings. Classes are held weekly on Wednesday nights from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm. This sacramental preparation offers catechesis, prayer, scripture, reflection, community building, personal sharing and retreats.
Teens must meet the following criteria for registration:
- Family must be registered Parishioners of St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church.
- Teen must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior in High School.
- Teen is baptized in the Catholic faith and must submit a copy of their Birth Certificate and Baptismal Certificate before September 2, 2016. If baptized in another faith, teen must also submit a copy of their Catholic Profession of Faith Certificate.
- Teen was registered in LifeTeen the previous year and met the attendance requirement, or was enrolled in a Catholic High school.
- Teen participates in the sacramental life of the Church by attending Mass weekly, and exhibits an active faith life and knowledge of the Church.
- Teen is willing to commit to active involvement in the Confirmation catechesis on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 – 8:30 PM throughout the School year; and is willing to respond to the call of active ministry. Teen will commit to all requirements of the STAOP Confirmation program.