Action 1: Increase Teen Involvement in the Liturgy
For nearly two decades St. Anthony's has had a Sunday Evening Mass designed with teens in mind that naturally flows into the Life Night. At this Liturgy, teens are an integral part in proclaiming the Scriptures, altar serving, and presenting the gifts for Consecration. To increase the presence and priority of teens at this particular Mass, we will:
- Assign the Life Teen Discipleship Coordinator (Paige Ingersoll) to oversee teen involvement in the Sunday Evening Liturgy. The Coordinator will help connect teens to receive proper training for and then regular participation as: Readers, Altar Servers, Ushers, Greeters, Gift-Bearers, and Eucharistic Ministers. Teens will have priority to serve in these roles during the Liturgy.
Action 2: Place Mission-Minded Adults in Key Positions
We have wonderful adults coordinate teen involvement in the Liturgy. As we seek to align our mission with the Core Component of Prioritizing Everywhere:
- The Life Teen Discipleship Coordinator will act as the Staff Liaison to the liturgical ministry leaders, seeking to help them understand our mission and interact with the teens they assist with this mission in mind at all times.
Assessing this Core Commitment in light of our mission
Indicators of success include:
- By May 2018 we will double the number of Teen Readers.
- By May 2018, all teens involved in liturgical ministries will feel that they are welcomed, known, loved, and empowered by their ministry leader.
- By May 2019, 90% of lay ministers in the Sunday Evening Liturgy (excluding Eucharistic Ministers and Altar Servers) will be teens on a weekly basis.
- By May of 2019, ministry leaders will be established in many of the teens they serve as one of their 5:1 (one of 5 key adults that have a positive influence in their life)