Service Project Information
Confirmation Service Projects
Confirmation Teens will participate in at least 2 Service Projects sponsored by St. Anthony of Padua Confirmation Program during their year of preparation.
The purpose of Service during Confirmation preparation is to demonstrate the close relationship between faith and action. The Confirmation Teen can identify, develop and place his/her gifts and talents at the service of others. Service should be an intentional part of Christian formation from the time of our Baptism until the time of our Death.
SERVICE PROJECTS FOR CONFIRMATION CANDIDATES:
- Project #1: Date TBA - Fall Food Drive*
- Project #2: To be selected, planned, and executed by each individual Confirmation class and must be completed by March 22, 2017
*All Confirmation Teens will participate in the Fall Food Drive.
SERVICE PROJECT ESSAY:
All Confirmation teens will write a Service Project Essay on the service projects they participated in. The Essay will be written in class on March 22, 2017. The Essay will be hand-written and at least one full page in length. The teens will be given 3-4 writing prompts to help them organize their thoughts. For Example:
- State, in detail, the Service Projects you participated in.
- 2-Discuss who you served and the effect on them.
- Explain what you learned from this experience that made you a stronger Catholic Christian.
- State why you think Service to the Church and Community is important.
Why we serve…
Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) 1889, 1926, 1932, 1889
- This is the path of charity, that is, of the love of God and of neighbor. Charity is the greatest social commandment. It respects others and their rights. It requires the practice of Justice, and it alone makes us capable of it. Charity inspires a life of self-giving: “Whosoever seeks to gain his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will preserve it.” (Luke 17:33)
- The dignity of the human person requires the pursuit of the common good. Everyone should be concerned to create and support institutions that improve the conditions of human life.
- The duty of making oneself a neighbor to others and actively serving them becomes even more urgent when it involves the disadvantaged, in whatever area this may be. “As you did it to the least of my brethren, you did it to me.” (Mt 25:40)